New tag(s) for debbugs.gnu.org? [was Re: bug#6174: 23.2; mouse-sel-mode

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: New tag(s) for debbugs.gnu.org? [was Re: bug#6174: 23.2; mouse-sel-mode doc is misleading]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 16:55:39 -0400

As a general comment, please can we think about changing the subject and
the cc list when starting a new topic. This discussion has nothing to do
with mouse-sel-mode, and isn't appropriate for bug#6174's record.

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Sounds good, tho IIUC debbugs already has a notion of "pending" as a bug
> state, so maybe we should use another word, such as "postpone".

Not really. As I said, bugs.debian.org has "pending" as a tag, but
debbugs.gnu.org does not. ("pending state" does appear in the search
terminology, but I'm not sure that is relevant.)

> We could use a script to un-postpone all bugs whenever the new branch
> is opened.

I don't see what there is for a script to do. You just want someone to
search for all the bugs tagged "pending" (or whatever) and fix them.
Someone (TM) just has to remember to do that when the time comes.