Re: Usage examples of dedicated windows and popup frames?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Usage examples of dedicated windows and popup frames?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:00:22 +0200

> Using
>
>   (setq pop-up-frames 'graphic-only
>         display-buffer-reuse-frames t)
>
> the frame showing *Completions* still receives input focus when it shows
> up the first time.

A frame always receives input focus when it shows up the first time.
But we can try to redirect focus to the original frame afterwards.

> After the completion finished, the frame gets
> iconified.  But it still won't be raised at the next completion.

It's raised here so that's probably a problem with your window manager.
I recall someone reporting a similar problem (and that's, after all, the
issue causing the introduction of `display-buffer-reuse-frames' IIUC).
Does `raise-frame' otherwise DTRT on your system for an iconifed frame?

Maybe we could make the *Completions* frame (optionally) invisible
instead of iconfying it?

martin