Compiled files without sources????

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Compiled files without sources????
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:14:59 -0400

    >> We are, in essence, distributing binary blobs with Emacs, and I find it
    >> surprising that this does not seem to disturb anybody much except
    >> myself.

If true, that is a very grave problem-- not just legally but ethically.

Could you be so kind as to tell me, concisely, what the situation is?
Which files have been included, which sources are missing, and what
version are they included in?

(I have not followed this thread until now, since I thought it was
just a technical issue.)

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation