Re: Compiled files without sources????

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Compiled files without sources????
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 05:06:01 +0900

Lars Ingebrigtsen writes:

 > It was a minor boo-boo, and it's been fixed,

It wasn't a "boo-boo", it was a deliberate omission for the
convenience of the Emacs and CEDET developers who considered
integration of CEDET functionality more important than the principle
of software freedom.  The fact that you consider it a "minor boo-boo"
suggests that the underlying problem is nowhere near to being fixed.

And if I were a redistributor of Emacs, I wouldn't consider it
technically fixed until the FSF explicitly licenses my past
distributions which, as it turns out, technically infringe FSF
copyrights since they don't conform to the conditions of the GPL.