Re: heisenbugs 1 joakim 0

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: heisenbugs 1 joakim 0
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:46:29 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> - Gnus usualy hangs for me with a flaky network but its much worse
>   recently with the gnutls stuff. Sometimes I get a message like:
>
> "gnutls.c [0] (Emacs) fatal error: The specified reason has been
> invalidated for some reason."

I haven't seen that message, but my network connections aren't flaky...

> - I run Emacs in gdb all the time but it doesn't really help
>   recently. Emacs hangs so hard gdb can't interrupt. Sometimes I can
>   at least get a backtrace by sending a SIGHUP signal. Usualy the hang
>   is in accept_process_output initiated from Gnus.

Does strace say what it's doing?

> - bzr currently hangs, at the savannah end(Okay, I just like to whine
>   a bit)

While we're whining -- there are still no bzr diff messages being
generated, which is awkward.

Oh, and I'm chasing down a heisenbug, too -- sometimes (about one in
fifty times), Emacs crashes while displaying animated GIFs.  This
started about a week or so ago.  I still haven't been able to catch the
bug happening while running under gdb.