Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:44:55 -0400

    > Hm, for example lisp/international/uni-name.el doesn't look like "the
    > preferred form of the work for making modifications to it". The file
    > rather has the appearence of line noise. ;-)

Maybe that memory concerned some other files.  I said I might be
wrong.

Since these files are not under the GPL, we are not leading anyone to
violate the GPL.  So there is no legal issue, but there remains an
ethical issue: is it wrong for a release to contain generated files
made from sources that are distributed separately?

At the very least, it is good to avoid this.  So why not add these
sources to the distrbution?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation