Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: No sources for lisp/international/uni-*.el?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 07:07:15 +0200

>     > Hm, for example lisp/international/uni-name.el doesn't look like "the
>     > preferred form of the work for making modifications to it". The file
>     > rather has the appearence of line noise. ;-)
>
> Maybe that memory concerned some other files.  I said I might be
> wrong.
>
> Since these files are not under the GPL, we are not leading anyone to
> violate the GPL.  So there is no legal issue,

   5.c) You must license the entire work, as a whole, under this
    License to anyone who comes into possession of a copy.  This
    License will therefore apply, along with any applicable section 7
    additional terms, to the whole of the work, and all its parts,
    regardless of how they are packaged.  This License gives no
    permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not
    invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.

  12. No Surrender of Others' Freedom.

  If conditions are imposed on you (whether by court order, agreement or
otherwise) that contradict the conditions of this License, they do not
excuse you from the conditions of this License.  If you cannot convey a
covered work so as to satisfy simultaneously your obligations under this
License and any other pertinent obligations, then as a consequence you may
not convey it at all.  For example, if you agree to terms that obligate you
to collect a royalty for further conveying from those to whom you convey
the Program, the only way you could satisfy both those terms and this
License would be to refrain entirely from conveying the Program.

--
David Kastrup