Re: uni-mirrored.el and uni-bidi.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: uni-mirrored.el and uni-bidi.el
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:55:53 +0300

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:43:20 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> This is immediately relevant if we want to change some C code to be bidi
> aware, like generate-new-buffer-name.

Are you thinking about using directional controls in buffer names only
if the buffer name needs it, btw?  If so, I'm not sure that's the best
idea.  For starters, code that deals with buffer names would need to
make non-trivial tests to know whether to remove these controls or
not, if that code needs the original undecorated buffer name, e.g. to
compare it with the base names of the files visited in buffers.  It is
IMO better to always decorate with directional controls.