Re: completion-list-mode-map

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: completion-list-mode-map
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:00:18 +0300

> This is going round in circles.  We know that quit-window and
> quit-restore-window have different behaviors.  The statement we are
> considering is whether all the users of quit-window would prefer the
> behavior of quit-restore-window, in which case we should replace
> quit-window with quit-restore-window.
>
> If no one provides a good example, I'll go ahead and make the change.

I agree that one function `quit-window' should be enough,
but I also think that "undisplaying" a buffer should be
customizable like displaying a buffer, so users could customize
a variable like `quit-window-alist' to restore the old behavior of
`quit-window' and to modify the new behavior of `quit-restore-window'
(renamed to `quit-window').  This also requires to change its
function signature to `(quit-window &optional WINDOW SPECIFIERS)'.