Re: bidi properties from uniprop tables

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bidi properties from uniprop tables
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:49:58 +0300

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:51:03 +0900
>
> I've just installed fixes.

Thanks.  I committed a followup changeset, to make the default
bidi-class properties consistent with the latest UCD, to adapt bidi.c
to the changes, and to document in the ELisp manual the default values
for the unassigned codepoints.

> But, it still returns nil for these properties ("string
> property" in UCD terminology):
>   decimal-digit-value, digit-value, numeric-value,
>   uppercase, lowercase, titlecase, mirroring
> UCD says that the default value is a character itself for
> them, but to implement it, we have to fill all char-table
> elements by corresponding characters (which makes the table
> very big), or have to implement a special mechanism to
> return a character ifself if the value is nil (which I think
> is not adequate at the current timing of feature freeze).
> So, I just added this kind of statement in the docstring.
>
>    The value nil means that the actual property value of a
>    character is the character itself.

I agree with this implementation, and documented these properties
accordingly in the ELisp manual.

Thanks.