Re: A few Windows build fixes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: A few Windows build fixes
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:08:21 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:48:32 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > CURDIR-based paths are passed to native Emacs for load path
> > purposes and if they have /cygdrive/ stuff in them, Emacs doesn't
> > understand that.
>
> There's a general need for Emacs to understand/accept /cygdrive/foo
> names passed on the command-line, so that could be fixed in
> lisp/startup.el and lisp/w32*.el.

That would fix the invocations of Emacs, but I suspect there are also
invocations of other programs, like addpm and etags, which will suffer
from the same problem and cannot be fixed like that without
non-trivial source-level changes.  Also, there's a problem when the
same CURDIR-based file name is passed to `cp' or `rm', which are
Cygwin programs and therefore need the original /cygdrive/x/foo file
name, and also to a non-Cygwin program like addpm.  It's a mess...