Re: Is it possible to have 256 colors in Emacs on framebuffer-enabled tt

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is it possible to have 256 colors in Emacs on framebuffer-enabled tty
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:44:52 +0300

> From: Wolfgang Jenkner <address@hidden>
> Cc: zwz <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:23:27 +0200
>
> I think the 256 colors support in term/xterm.el is general enough to
> support fbterm as well.

The setting of the colors themselves is not the terminal specific
part; the part that queries xterm about the number of colors is.

If fbterm always supports only 256 colors, then similar code can be
used there unconditionally.

Another aspect of this is the RGB values: the ones in xterm.el were
taken from the xterm source code.  We should make sure fbterm uses the
same colors, before we use these values for fbterm.

Finally, the color names in xterm.el were also taken from the xterm
nomenclature.  Does fbterm use the same names? if not, we should
probably use its own names, for consistency.