Re: A few Windows build fixes

From: Vijay Lakshminarayanan
Subject: Re: A few Windows build fixes
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 21:18:50 +0530

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> It doesn't matter who and how runs "mount -m".  The results of that
>> should be used on the C level.  Otherwise, the result will be
>
> I don't think so: we only want to convert cygwin file names when they
> "enter" Emacs and everything else (e.g. all primitives that access
> files) should not know about them.

I think you're both missing one crucial point: it is possible that
cygwin is installed and Emacs doesn't know of this and has no way to
know (because /usr/bin aka c:\cygwin\bin isn't in Emacs's path).

Of course, any future implementation could condition itself to support
cygwin paths iff cygwin's mount is accessible via (getenv "PATH").

--
Cheers
~vijay

Gnus should be more complicated.