RE: `isearch-allow-scroll' - a misnomer and a bad design

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: `isearch-allow-scroll' - a misnomer and a bad design
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 09:54:17 -0700

> > I would like to see `C-u' passed through - that's the main point.
> > Either systematically or optionally, but if optionally then
> > separately from allowing scrolling.
>
> Here's a better patch.  I've tested it more than the previous attempt.

Thank you, Alan.  Seems to work.

Even works with a sequence such as `C-1 C-- C-2', which passes -12 as it should,
but which is relatively unknown.  I tested this case because I noticed that you
did not include `universal-argument-minus' in your test. But that is covered OK
anyway, I guess because of the default ([t]) binding for
`universal-argument-other-key'.

Can this patch please be installed?  Or are there people who prefer that `C-u'
exit Isearch?  If there are, then can we please have a user option for this
choice?

Thx.