Re: ChangeLogs in the elpa branch

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: ChangeLogs in the elpa branch
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:23:54 -0500

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:35:30 +0200 Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

MA> If I'm the only one who likes them I won't insist in maintaining them
MA> any longer. But I find it useful to check the history of packages, even
MA> if there is no bzr access. As for the majority of the Emacs users.

I find them useful and "bzr log" doesn't always work as well as plain
text comments.  For instance it's much harder to go back and edit a
published VCS log than a ChangeLog file.

Perhaps the ELPA .el files should have a ChangeLog section in the usual
format, which can then be collected into a compendium for the whole
package by package.el.  `C-x 4 a' would need a parallel command to edit
the built-in ChangeLog.

Ted