Re: OAuth2 implementation in Elisp

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: OAuth2 implementation in Elisp
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:09:13 -0500

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 19:47:05 +0200 address@hidden wrote:

j> Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:
>> On Mon, Sep 26 2011, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>>
>>> What you mean by "sent to an URL"?  Do you mean that Emacs fetches the
>>> URL and displays the "[YES] [NO]"?  And if not -- why not?
>>
>> No no, it does not fetch anything, it calls browse-url.
>>
>> The format of the page is not standard, so there's no way you can
>> display it in Emacs. Really.

j> I know nothing about this but out of curiousity: could it in principle
j> be done using the emacs xwidget webkit branch? There is some support to
j> access the DOM etc. there.

SHR (see gnus/shr.el) could probably do it too, and it's in the trunk
already.  But I'd rather pretend we're a web app and skip even this step
if possible, following the URL redirects instead.  I think that's
possible based on my reading of the IETF OAuth2 draft.

Ted