Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: Changing the default for `send-mail-function'
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:08:25 -0400

On 8/7/2011 12:25 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
That would be perfect, although getting a single-line prompt that's
understandable by random users is a challenge.
We're displaying a help screen, so we can blather on at length there and
keep the prompt shortish...

Great.

This seems to have been forgotten about again. Windows and Mac are still the only platforms on which users are offered the choice of using mailclient-send-it if they haven't configured mail.

Are there plans to implement this soon, or should I file a bug report to make sure it doesn't get forgotten?

Ken