Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint

From: Carsten Mattner
Subject: Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:18:12 +0200

For the record, I also use evil, because I can't live without
the quick and efficient editing of vi command mode.
It's a mix of vi and Emacs bindings combining the best
of both worlds.
I like Emacs and its extensibility, but miss efficient editing
of vi's command mode. I'm not particularly in favor of
vi(m) itself.
I mean even when I play around with Haskell's Yi editor
framework I tend to use the vi input configuration.

Should I also try to disable evil?

>From what I see in others' memory footprints my experience
doesn't seem uncommon.
Therefore I don't actually believe I have a local issue that's
specific to my config.