please help about the implementation of GC.

From: Alin Soare
Subject: please help about the implementation of GC.
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 16:01:30 +0200

Hi,

I wish to read the algorithm of gc, and I cannot.

I understand that I have to have read about black-red trees, but what other former requirement is necessary to understand the implementation ?

Can somebody help me step-by-step in order to understand it ? Or what requirement is necessary to understand it ? I have already read about the algorithm of "conservative stack scanning", but this is not enough. I still do not understand almost anything from the gc of emacs... Please help.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Alin.