Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 17:30:55 +0000 (UTC)

Jan Djärv <jan.h.d <at> swipnet.se> writes:

>  The NS build needs a lot of work
> > (by someone who knows what they're doing) before it'd be
> > anything I'd want my daughter to use, if I had a daughter.
>
> It is a mess.  It seems some code was done by someone not
> familiar with objective-C.
> Global variables are used
> instead of putting them in a class for instance.

This kind of thing is the result of walking a line between
keeping code similar to other terms that don't interface to OO
GUIs, and doing what's natural from OO perspective.  And a long
accretive development thrown on top of that.  Improvements can
surely be made, though I'm not sure if they relate to the more
stringent checking of inputs from the rest of emacs code that
would fix the current issue.