Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: chad
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:04:47 -0800

On Dec 19, 2011, at 8:52 AM, Carsten Mattner wrote:

> Sounds like the Mac port should be obsolete and deprecated as
> Carbon is deprecated and I'm not even sure it's in Lion anymore.

Carbon support is included in Lion as a legacy thing; you can't build or create
Carbon apps in Lion using the currently supported tools.  You can work around
that by coercing the old development tools into the current OS, but the
resulting binaries don't meet Apple's guidelines (which are relevant because it
spells out clearly the intentions for Carbon).

Hope that helps,
*Chad