Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 01:41:08 +0900

Jan Djärv writes:

 > This can be fixed in Cocoa, but OSX 10.5 or later is required
 > (AFAIK anyway).

This isn't a problem.  Everybody else drops support for all but the
current and previous versions of Mac OS X.  I don't see a good reason
why Emacs should bend over backward to support very old versions of
Mac OS X in a port that isn't even part of Emacs yet.

Of course up to the volunteers who work on it -- if they want to
provide support, more power to them -- but those of us who continue to
use older versions of Mac OS X know where we stand.