Re: Mac OS-compatible ports

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Mac OS-compatible ports
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 14:26:19 +0800

On 2011-12-31 21:22 +0800, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
> I agree with your statement, but we're not "pushing" the NS port only
> because it's for GNUstep.  It's quite usable on Mac OS X.

I wonder how you reach that conclusion. If you don't use Emacs heavily
on a Mac, then you don't know if it is quite usable. My experience is
that it is not. John Wiegley were also disappointed by the ns-port some
months ago and he has been happy using the Mac-Port. My impression is
that Mac-Port is a piece of solid well-engineered software. It is a pity
not more Mac users can make use of it and have to resort to nonfree
software such as TextMate etc.

Cheers.
Leo