Re: Emacs 23.4 released

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.4 released
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:15:16 +0200

> Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:05:59 -0700
> From: Christoph Scholtes <address@hidden>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> On 1/29/2012 11:51 AM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> > Could it be related to the omit-frame-pointer problem, if you're using
> > a 4.x gcc? Does it build with optimizations if you use
> > -fno-omit-frame-pointer?
>
> I tried that. Still crashes.

I just tried to build Emacs 23.4, and I'm sorry to say that neither
the optimized build nor the unoptimized one crash for me.  They both
build just fine and come up without crashing.

> Backtrace from optimized build with debug symbols:

> 0x010719e8 in lookup_volume_info (root_dir=0x88fcdc "d:\\") at w32.c:2051
> 2051        if (xstrcasecmp (info->root_dir, root_dir) == 0)

What's the problem that causes the crash?  Is `info' or
`info->root_dir' a NULL pointer or something?

If nothing else gives a clue, diff Emacs 23.4 sources against 23.3.90,
and then apply the diffs one by one until you get the crash.  This
should pinpoint the change which causes this.