/etc/TODO: define-minor-mode & minor-mode-list

From: William Stevenson
Subject: /etc/TODO: define-minor-mode & minor-mode-list
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 02:05:49 +0000

Looking in the TODO file for a beginner item I started with:

** Check what minor modes don't use define-minor-mode and convert them
to use it.

I'm confused about minor-mode-list. Why are some minor-modes added in
the definition even though they are defined with define-minor-mode?
I also found that abbrev-mode remained in the list if it was removed
from this definition.

Also is this todo considered todone?

;; If a minor mode is not defined with define-minor-mode,
;; add it here explicitly.
;; isearch-mode is deliberately excluded, since you should
;; not call it yourself.
(defvar minor-mode-list '(auto-save-mode auto-fill-mode abbrev-mode
                                         overwrite-mode view-mode
                                         hs-minor-mode)
  "List of all minor mode functions.")