Re: [patch] add "underwave" face attribute

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: [patch] add "underwave" face attribute
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 01:55:50 +0100

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Alp Aker <address@hidden> wrote:
> (1) I changed the API calls for the clipping.

Are you sure this won't break the rest of the code? (which relies
heavily on clipping) It sure looks cleaner but the rest of the code
uses ns_focus/unfocus.

> (2) Because of the way the NS port handles cursor drawing, one can't extract
> the x-origin and width for the underwave directly from the glyph string as
> you did.  I made the appropriate changes.

You're correct. I should have looked closer at the underline code.
Then again I wrote the code blindly :p

> (3) On the various displays I tried, changing wave_height from 2 to 3
> dramatically improved the appearance. I took the liberty of using the latter
> value.  (Perhaps wave_height and wave_length should be exposed to the user
> as options?)

Set them to the best looking value. The screenshot looks nice.  We
could expose it as options but wave_height has a short upper limit:
the wave gets cropped above a certain value. I don't know if there's a
*simple* way to make the "line space" higher to handle this.