Re: spam- or registry-related things in Gnus need cl at run-time?

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: spam- or registry-related things in Gnus need cl at run-time?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:39:28 +0200

* Reiner Steib [2012-02-09 08:33:19 +0100] wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 08 2012, Teemu Likonen wrote:
>> About two weeks ago I noticed the opposite. I switched from Emacs
>> 23.2 to 24.0 and experienced that some spam- or registry-related
>> things in Gnus didn't work _without_ run-time cl package.
>
> Please file a bug report (for Gnus) about this.

For me the "bug" is already fixed: (require 'cl). I'm sorry but I'm not
motivated to find out how to reproduce it from "emacs -Q" situation and
write a detailed report. I'll give this general info from my memory,
though:

  - I have Gnus spam package and registry in use.

  - Some nntp groups are configured to be automatically checked for spam
    (bogofilter) when I enter to the group.

  - I enter to such group and then exit it. All seems fine.

  - In the *Group* buffer trying to save with "s" key
    (gnus-group-save-newsrc) causes some error message that definition
    of something is void.

  - (require 'cl) makes if work.

  - This thing happened the first time after I had switched from Emacs
    23.2 (Debian package) to 24.0 from <git://repo.or.cz/emacs.git>
    (branch "master").