Re: CL package serious deficiencies

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CL package serious deficiencies
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 14:42:12 -0500

Duplication of code is not necessarily a bad thing.
I learned in writing GCC that it's often cleaner for each
program to have a function that does what it wants
than to push to make them shared.

However, when it is clear a standard function would be useful, we can
add one.  We have added several functions that were previously in CL.
Maybe some others are worth adding now.  But that does not mean we
have to choose all or nothing.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation