gnutls infloop possibly fixed

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: gnutls infloop possibly fixed
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:10:23 +0100

I finally took a hard look at the GnuTLS-related Emacs hangs.  It turned
out to be pretty easy to reproduce for me.  If I switch off the wifi on
this laptop and then presses `g' in Gnus, Emacs would reliably use 100%
CPU, and `C-g' or anything wouldn't work.  So a totally dead Emacs.

I chased this down to emacs_gnutls_write, which would just, well,
infloop if libgnutls returned EAGAIN.  I've now removed that, and just
leaves the normal Emacs process loop to retry if we get an EAGAIN.

This seems to work for me -- `C-g' reliably works for me if I drop the
network, or I get a new IP address.

There may be other side-effects, though.  Slower throughput?  I don't
know.  Please give it a whirl and report back whether things stop
working or not.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Rome