Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r107264: shr.el (shr-rescale-imag

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r107264: shr.el (shr-rescale-image): Allow viewing large images.
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:42:16 +0800

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> As Stefan says, perhaps this limit should be reworked to be, er,
> different (based on total pixels or total size), but we're too late in
> the release cycle for that, aren't we?

The variable already accepts integer values to specify maximum pixel
width/height.  If memory serves, the reason we put it as a multiple of
the frame height/width has to do with the idea that it's generally
useless to show an image much larger than the typical frame size (even
with scrolling).  The distinction doesn't seem hugely important in
practice.