Re: bug with the GNU ELPA debbugs-gnu.el package or with my settings?

From: nyc4bos
Subject: Re: bug with the GNU ELPA debbugs-gnu.el package or with my settings?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:19:58 -0500

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> When I try to send a control message, I get the error:
>
> funcall: Symbol's function definition is void: smptmail-send-it

Is this a typo?

It should be "smtpmail-send-it"

(That's SMTPmail-send-it not SMPTmail-send-it)

[Aside: in feedmail.el, the comment it has:

;; feedmail-buffer-to-smptmail

Should be:

;; feedmail-buffer-to-smtpmail

I'll fill out a bug report for this documentation bug (typo)
but somehow I feel kinda silly doing it for something so minor
in the comments...]