Re: Windows 64 port

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Windows 64 port
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:28:47 +0100

>    I would love to start to contribute to the GNU community and I thought
>    that porting Emacs 23 to Windows 64, could be a good useful entry.
>
> You can do it if you like, but note that this sort of change would
> do nothing to advance the free world.  Thus, how about porting yourself
> to GNU/Linux, and writing improvements that benefit GNU/Linux?

There are many people who, like me, are tied to a MS Windows OS at
work (that's not up to me).  Those people could not use and contribute
to GNU Emacs if it wasn't because there is a port for that platform.

Therefore, I think that the ports of Emacs for other platforms
(specially Windows) is useful for the free world, because they extend
the number of users and contributors of GNU Emacs (which is  part of
"the free world").

--
Dani Moncayo