Re: GnuTLS docs

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: GnuTLS docs
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 20:14:37 -0400

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 15:59:50 -0400 Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

GM> Now that I actually read it, it is so short that I think it should be
GM> merged into the main emacs/elisp manuals (the style would need adapting).
GM> Unless it is expected to grow significantly in future?

Yes, this was a quick writeup.  We will need to cover priority strings,
fallback strategies, W32 installation and DLLs, the W32 installer I will
work on after 24.1 is out, and probably discuss the peculiarities of the
Emacs integration of GnuTLS.  Mac OS X should also get some coverage;
for me it Just Works but the trustfile location may need adjusting.

I think the W32 DLL glue should also have its own section so it can be
used as a model for other W32 integrations, but I was not involved in
that work and don't know how exemplary that glue was :)  To me it seems
quite good and I haven't heard any complaints about it so far.

Ted