Re: Kickstarter for Emacs

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Kickstarter for Emacs
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 07:50:24 +0000 (UTC)

Tom <adatgyujto <at> gmail.com> writes:
> There were successes with this model on Kickstarter and knowing the
> enthusiasm of Emacs users it may work for Emacs too.
> (Kickstart itself is not the point, the model is.)

I checked out Kickstarter's FAQ and it says:

  I only need to raise a small amount of funding. Is Kickstarter
  for me?

  Absolutely! Kickstarter is for creative projects big and small,
  serious and whimsical, traditional and experimental. Small
  projects that you (or you and a few friends) can do over a
  weekend are perfect for Kickstarter. In fact, the most common
  projects on Kickstarter are not blockbusters but smaller projects
  that raise $5,000 or less. Check out some fun project stats and
  some currently funding Small Projects looking to raise $1,000 or

So it looks like it would be suitable for smaller projects too and
apparently people do use it to fund software projects like this one
which aims to create a better coffeescript compiler: