Re: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:05:23 -0400

2012/4/25 Michael Albinus <address@hidden>:
> Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Yes. BTS offers a SOAP interface, which we (not only His Royalness Lars)
>>> use for querying bugs from inside Emacs.
>>
>> So something like this?
>>
>>     https://gist.github.com/499210
>
> Maybe. This code doesn't tell me too much. Is there a WSDL file, which
> describes the SOAP interface?

It doesn't do much. Point is, doing SOAP with Python isn't difficult,
because other people have already built the necessary libraries to do
so.

>> It really isn't so difficult to do. How much of this has to be
>> implemented?
>
> This question I don't understand. For BTS, we use the SOAP interface
> to query for bugs using a mask of different bug attributes.  And we
> have also a full text query.
>
> BTS itself offers kind of Perl, Python, Ruby and PHP clients. For
> Emacs, we have written our own client in Lisp.

When you say "BTS" you mean "debbugs", right?

I suppose I should reimplement in Python the debbugs email interface
for discussing and manipulating bugs. I take it you use all of it, not
just a subset. I'll get working on this.

- Jordi G. H.