Re: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness

From: Les Harris
Subject: Re: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:29:13 -0700

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> writes:

> I do, but I would like to coerce other people to help me, just like
> people are being coerced right now to work with bzr and hopefully
> improve it.

I hadn't realized savannah needed more help.  Interestingly, the way
Savannah describes itself would seem to agree with what you are saying
in general:

> Savannah aims to be a central point for development, maintenance and
> distribution of official GNU software.

What does one have to do to get involved?  Is the information at
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToBecomeASavannahHacker still
current?

As a FSF member and one who has contributed to free software projects I
certainly wouldn't mind donating hours to a worthy cause.

--
Do they only stand
By ignorance, is that their happy state,