gnu-misc-discuss [ was: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness]

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: gnu-misc-discuss [ was: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:15:59 +0000

Hello, Richard.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 08:09:09AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> gnu-misc-discuss is a place where people who disagree with the goals
> of GNU argue about them.  We should not use it for discussions of what
> to do in the GNU Project.

It used to be such a pit, but the two trolls, one anonymous, (and a few
hangers on) who smothered the list in foul mouthed abuse appear to have
given up.  I think they were being paid by proprietary companies to
damage the ethos of free software as much as possible.

Now, there is only one regular poster, somebody spamming meetings of a
free software society in New York, and he's been doing this for many
years.

Otherwise the list is as quiet as a morgue.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).