Re: Emacs pretest 24.0.96

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 24.0.96
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 20:22:36 +0300

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Cc: Alex Harsanyi <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 01:09:56 +0800
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Would people who build Emacs on MS-Windows please apply this change
> > and run with it for a while?  If I don't hear any complaints in a
> > week, I will install this on the release branch.
>
> No point---if you are planning to install it, please just go ahead and
> do that now.  That maximizes the amount of testing and the chances of
> getting problem reports.

I assume most people use the pretest version, not the emacs-24 branch
version.  If I'm right, then changes on the branch will not get tested
too much.

That said, I have no objections committing sooner.  Just let me run
with it for a while, since until now this change was tested on a
single machine which runs Windows 7.  It wasn't tested on XP and other
users of Windows 7 didn't suffer from the original problem at all.
I'd like to have a bit more confidence before installing.