Re: ELPA and core services

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ELPA and core services
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 22:20:37 -0400

> have my configuration copied over.  Please don't turn unconfigured Emacsen
> into brain-dead zombies of little value.  I rely on the fact that Eshell

There's no such plan, of course.  The only plan I have in this area is
to bundle some ELPA packages in the Emacs release tarball and maybe
after that move some large externally maintained bundled packages (think
Org or Gnus) to ELPA (while keeping them bundled in the release).

But I have many other things to do, and it's not very high on my list
of priorities.

        Stefan