Re: Sponsoring features in F/OSS projects

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Sponsoring features in F/OSS projects
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 11:14:50 +0000 (UTC)

immanuel litzroth <ilitzroth <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to pay for long term
> stuff, especially if  they get to set the amount and don't have
> to pay until that is fully delivered...  Hell, here is 10$
> towards full usable C++ code browsing support in emacs...
> Immanuel

I agree. Many people would pay for features, so they can use Emacs instead
of other tools which have those features which Emacs currently lacks.

And even small contributions can add up if it's a feature which is
wanted by lots of users (better Java/C++ support, for example),
 so that lots of people donates to have that feature.