Re: FFI in Emacs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: FFI in Emacs
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:44:50 +0200

> SXEmacs' implementation is about 5 years old, I believe, so the bugs
> should be pretty well worked out.  It's not as elaborate as Python's
> ctypes, but quite usable.

When I rewrote dbusbind.c into Lisp, using SXEmacs' FFI interface, I
didn't find it very comfortable. Maybe due to lack of documentation,
maybe (more likely) due to my stupidness. Besides of this, I did succeed.

The SXEmacs guys seem to have replaced (?) this by dynamic modules. But
this new feature doesn't fly yet, as I have experienced recently.
However, looks interesting.

Best regards, Michael.