Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: chad
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:40:37 -0700

On Jul 23, 2012, at 4:15 PM, John Wiegley wrote:
> Is NS improving in other ways?

Until about 45 days ago, the ns port had bidi, cedet, and lexbind
support while the mac port didn't. Right now, it has highly
experimental widget support that the mac port doesn't. Basically,
every time I have tried the mac port, it was lacking some
important-to-me functionality from the mainline. Of course, I'm
sure other people have different priorities.

By choosing to periodically play catch-up with the infrequent
emacs releases, it's basically guaranteed to be behind the times.
Excitingly, it's currently not *that* far behind, and there's hope
that it might catch up.

*Chad