Re: Git to Bzr - what works?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Git to Bzr - what works?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 05:42:34 +0200

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> When I've hand-patched my changes over from Git to Bzr, it has often
> happened to me that I can't do it fast enough before some other Bzr
> change comes down the pipe.  Then I try to do a merge, but merging in
> Bzr makes no sense to me (yet), so I fail miserably and start the
> process over.  Once I had to do this 3 times before I could get the
> commit in.

You can try `bzr rebase' instead, part of the `rewrite' plugin:

http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/Rewrite/

`bzr rebase' is very basic, but it should be enough for avoiding `merge'
on your case.

[snip]

> Like when I commit, and the commit goes straight to remote (wait!  I wanted to
> push that with other commits!).

Don't use a bound branch, then. Commit your changes and push. If pushing
fails because upstream's history now contains new revisions, rebase and
push again.

[snip]