Re: random doesn't feel very random

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: random doesn't feel very random
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 09:12:07 -0400

    Every time I compose an email, (random t) is called. So the random
    number stream I am getting is disrupted i.e. I am no longer getting an
    uniform distribution.

If that is really true, maybe the code to set the seed needs to be
changed.  Maybe it only gives you seed values from a subset of all
those possible.

Perhaps instead of initializing the seed based on the time, it should
change the seed based on the time.  That way, all possible seeds
could occur after (random t).

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation