parallel compilation --with-ns (was: re: Speeding up parallel compilatio

From: chad
Subject: parallel compilation --with-ns (was: re: Speeding up parallel compilation)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 09:19:15 -0700

On 05 Sep 2012, at 20:13, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> The recent change [...] seems to help parallel compilation significantly:

Under macosx (i.e. --with-ns), I've tried using 'make -j4' off
and on over the years, and frequently run into problems during
the build. I end up without a complete nextstep/Emacs.app most of
the time, and it seems to be a problem with directories not being
created before one of the workers wants to use it. Three
questions:

1.) Is the ns-app code known to be unable to use parallel
    compilation?

2.) Does it matter that I do full rebuilds each time, starting
    with autogen.sh and ending with make bootstrap install)?

3.) Can anyone suggest a good way to start debugging this?

Thanks,
*Chad