Re: Need help fixing comint fontification for python.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Need help fixing comint fontification for python.
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 21:04:16 -0400

[ Your message was very weirdly wrapped, making it difficult to read,
  hopefully it was just some transient problem.  ]

> I've tried this and it doesn't appear that the field text property has
> been applied to the output text when the syntax-propertize-function
> fires.

Hmm.. the `field' property is given the `output' value from
comint-output-filter right after running comint-output-filter-functions,
so if syntax-propertize doesn't see it, that's presumably because
something in comint-output-filter-functions runs syntax-propertize
(maybe via syntax-ppss).

Makes me realize that a better approach might be to add
a comint-output-filter-function that adds the syntax-table property
between comint-last-output-start and (process-mark process).

Of course, if the comint buffer also has a syntax-propertize-function,
then the two will tend to fight each other.

        Stefan