Re: RefTeX Merge

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: RefTeX Merge
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:39:59 +0200

Hi Ralf,

I've seen the reftex changes have landed in emacs/trunk.  As far as I
can see, it works just fine.  Now after the merge, even the TAB
completion for bib-entries at the `reftex-citation' prompt works
again. :-)

One thing which seems a bit inconvenient to me is `reftex-reference' now
always querying if one wants a \ref or \pageref.  This is made even a
bit stranger by the fact that this query pops up a selection window
immediately, whereas the next query (which labels to show) starts
without a window (it pops up only after some idle time).  IMO, either
both should pop up the selection window immediately, or both should
start with a minibuffer message and pop up the full selection window
after some idle time.

And can't the \ref or \pageref question be guessed with rather high
certainty anyway?  E.g. only if the preceeding word is "page", "Seite",
"página", etc, one wants a \pageref, else we want a \ref.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work!  I'm pretty sure that wasn't much
fun.  Is the reftex CVS now officially obsolete, so that when I change
reftex stuff in emacs I don't need to fiddle the change in there, too?

Bye,
Tassilo