browse-url loses fragment identifier

From: Tom
Subject: browse-url loses fragment identifier
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:58:32 +0000 (UTC)

It seems like a bug, so I repost it here, so that someone
gives a try reproducing it. On help no one found it interesting
enough to give it a try, though it's really simple.

I guess the problem is the # character handled specially
when the default browser is invoked via the shell on Windows.

Here's the problem reposted:

Subject: browse-url drops fragment identifier from file urls on Windows?

Do you also see this?

Try this call with a local html file with a fragment appended
to the url (e.g. #top):

(browse-url "file://localhost/stuff/a.html#top")

For me the #top part is not there when the URL is opened in
the browser.

Does it happen only on Windows? Is there a workaround for this?