Re: Problem between Emacs trunk and AUCTeX

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Problem between Emacs trunk and AUCTeX
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 21:46:43 -0500

>> Or maybe it's a real error rather than just a message with the word
>> "error" in it, I don't remember. Anyway, it's this
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-diffs/2012-07/msg00000.html
>
> It's harmless.

Apparently.  I thought I recalled this bug stopping me from compiling
some documents (and have been using CVS AUCTeX because of that), but I
reinstalled the elpa version and haven't managed to reproduce the
problem.  So perhaps I misremembered.
Still, it is an easily fixable bug.  Emacs+AUCTeX is often presented as
a premier LaTeX writing environment, and if elpa is a standard way of
installing AUCTeX then if nothing else it presents a good face to fix
this in elpa.

Jay