emacsclient hangs

From: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina
Subject: emacsclient hangs
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 12:10:48 -0300

Hi all,

Since I upgraded glib from 2.32.1 to 2.34.1 on my system, I find
closing an emacsclient frame will first close all clients and then
make emacs hang. This happens to me with Emacs 24.2.1 and the latest
emacs-24 branch.

I can confirm that latest emacs-24 branch --with-x-toolkit=lucid works
fine, but since most gnu/linux users and distros compile emacs with
gtk, I think it's worth trying to fix whatever glib broke.

BTW I was trying to get a backtrace, but for some reason I can't
source the src/.gdbinit file, I get this all the time:

    .gdbinit:21: Error in sourced command file:
    No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.

gdb is version 7.5. Any help is appreciated.